Friday, January 4, 2013

Ever since we've moved in, theres been a ceiling fan in the kitchen.  Only thing more awful than that is a ceiling fan that doesnt even work...so the hideous-ness doesn't even serve a purpse.  Its big and bulky and makes our low ceilings feel even lower.  So I finally decided I had enough.  Magno said he could try to fix it, but when I thought about it....who wants dog hair and dust circulating in the kitchen?? GROSS.  So I went shopping.  I wanted a simple shade fixture like this.
But Home Depot wanted $70.  So instead, I got a mini pendant kit for $15 and just made my own with a plain white lampshade!

Heres the hideous before...
and the less hideous after...
Of course my cheap DIY fixture isn't as nice as the home depot one, but its DEFINITELY better than the old dirty broken ceiling fan!!

p.s. We painted the walls in the kitchen about 2 years ago and still haven't replaced the light switch covers.  Talk about procrastination!

1 comment:

  1. It looks great now.....I love what a good little homemaker/DIY'er you have become!

    ReplyDelete