Thursday, February 21, 2013

im not sure how one can become so unorganized so quick, but I realized this was the case in our closet/office.  I walked in and it looked like this (prepare your eyes)

Since Christmas, we have just been shoving things in there without really putting them away where they belong.  and its just piled up to look like a complete disaster.  Also, I felt like there was a lot of wasted space...... so I got to work.  I ended up throwing away 4 bags full of mostly old paperwork we didn't need.  I made some furniture changes also so finally by the end of the day it looked like this.  Still needs work, but much better!

heres the inky dinky little shoe wall before
and after. I moved the bookcase and its the new home to all my shoes.
view from the doorway
the jewels
all we have left to do in there is put on the baseboards (hence the plastic in the baseboard area in some of the pictures), and patch some holes in the wall.  I also want to make a little curtain upgrade, which is why they are so wrinkled in all the photos! I have to take them off to do the project, so I may as well wait till then to iron them.  Heres a picture of what I want to do to them...ribbon trimmed curtains are so pretty and classy.
I also made a few changes in the living room.  I used to have a gallery wall over the loveseat...it was always temporary because I had everything for it already & just threw it up to cover up some wall space when we moved in.  I didnt like how everything was different colored and shaped and sized and textured...Sometimes I like crazy but for this wall I just wanted uniform and pretty.

Before
after
much better for my candle lovin' self.

Last, my dad came over last weekend and pointed out a rosemary plant growing in our yard! I've always wanted an herb garden but kill everything in my path plant wise, so I was excited to find out that even 3 years of NOT watering the backyard still wont kill rosemary!

No comments:

Post a Comment